Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Crossing the Road

Kia ora katoa.

We have had a most exciting time in the last few days because the men from MWH have been completing the traffic calming and crossing place between the museum and the library. While this may not seem terribly exciting to you, it is exciting to us because the project has been stalled for months by bad weather, and we have had partially completed traffic islands overflowing with water and collecting assorted rubbish. but this week the sun has been shining, and the men have been out with their machines......................



and with their hammers and cool Braille bumps so that people with a sight disability can find their way…………………
And after much drilling and gluing, sweeping and sticking, the crossing is complete. I really like this as it will it will slow down the traffic and make it much easier for people to get from the library to the museum safely. Hoorah! Thanks to Kat and her team at MWH – good work!

I have been having problems uploading images; the format has changed and I am struggling to get beyond a grey square with a circular series of dots in the centre..........so until I can figure this out there will be no illustrations on this blog. I do apologise for this.

If you know how to resolve this please let me know via comments, or
email me at: kristelle.plimmer@stdc.govt.nz or  phone the museum on 0064 6 273 8354.

I will keep trying

ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment