Tuesday, May 11, 2010

every day............

Every day in this job I am learning something, about South Taranaki, about the collections and the rich history of the area. Yesterday I was hunting out some images of the Freezing Works for the display further down the street - worth checking out if you are ever passing through Patea, by the way - and a colleague was looking at the album pointing out her relatives in the various photos. It just makes it more personal.

Here's some photos of a couple of the union protest posters that we have in our collection




Lord Vesty did Patea no favours and the whole district suffered when the Works closed but, in the immortal words of Chumbawamba " I get knocked down but I get up again - you're never going to keep me down"

Kia kaha, stand proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment